Project Management Professional (PMP ®) has been a universally recognized accreditation in project management profession. Project Management Institute (PMI) conducts this examination. PMP examination is not only challenging but very satisfying.
The study is based on a Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK ®) published by PMI. It is a framework bringing a structured approach to effectively managing projects and is based on experiences and practices of several projects across various domains and across geographies.
Although this workshop is aimed at preparing participants and giving them required confidence for clearing this examination in first attempt, it will also equip them with through knowledge of variety of tools and techniques which can make project manager’s life more peaceful.
Day 1 Introduction
- About PMP exam – procedure, eligibility, fees, etc
Day 1 Introduction to project, program, portfolio
- Introduction to project management, life cycles,framework for PM
- Introduction to concept of knowledge area, process group and processes
Day 1 Project Scope management Knowledge
- Understand collection of requirements
- Defining scope, scope statement
- Creating work breakdown structure and scope baseline
Day 1 Project Time Management
- Understand tasks, activities, milestones
- Concept of sequencing tasks, network diagrams
- Duration and resource estimations
- Developing schedule using critical path method, critical chain
- method, leads, lags, fast tracking, crashing etc.
Day 2 Project Cost Management
- Understanding cost estimations
- Understand cost estimation vis-à-vis budgeting
- Earned value management
Day 2 Project Quality Management
- Understand quality management planning
- Process improvement planning
- Seven basic quality tools
- Understand quality control, and various techniques
- Understand quality assurance along with its techniques
Day 2 Project Human Resource Management
- HR planning
- Staffing management planning, RACI charts etc
- Acquiring teams
- Team building and development
- Managing teams
Day 3 Project Risk Management
- Understand concept and importance of risk management
- Differentiate between issue from risks
- Risk identification techniques and its relevance
- Qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Risk response planning
- Monitoring and controlling risks
Day 3 Project Procurement Management
- Procurement planning, types of contracts
- SOW, RFP
- Controlling contracts
- Closing contracts
Day 3 Project Communication Management
Day 3 A quick set of PMP questions – revision
Day 4 Stakeholder Management
Day 4 Revision of entire PMBOK
Day 4 A 1 hour test – solving PMP exam like questions
Day 4 Questions discussion, explanation of answers etc.
- Establishes you as a continuous learner. Employers are always looking for people who never want to stop learning.
- Increased Salary! Often, earning a certification, such as the PMP, can quickly lead to compensation increases of 20% and more.
- Networking Opportunities & Also who consistently want to make them salable in competitive job market.
- Key to your Job/Career Change! Many technical people who want to advance will earn the PMP certification in order to move into a position of greater responsibility.
- Self Confidence! You have Achieved the PMP Certification based on Years of Experience, Hard work, Dedication & You have all the abilities of Change.
- PMP allows you to think outside your experience is an ingredient of leadership.
- Learn a complete project management framework based on PMBOK ®
- Learn all 10 knowledge areas and 5 process groups
- Explore all 47 processes of project management framework
- Appreciate all tools, techniques and their inputs and outputs as described in PMBOK ®
- Relate all above with their practical relevance on day to day projects
- Confidently face the PMP examination
The PMP Exam -The exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions written against the PMBOK specification and the PMP Code of Ethics. Twenty-five of the 200 questions on the exam are "sample" questions used to fine-tune the degree of difficulty and precision of the exam and as such are not counted for or against a test taker. These questions are placed randomly throughout the exam. The test taker is only graded on their proficiency on 175 questions. The numbers in parentheses describe the percentage of questions for each domain.
PMP Examination Specification of five performance domains:
- Initiating the project (13%)
- Planning the project (24%)
- Executing the project (31%)
- Monitoring and controlling the project (25%)
- Closing the project (7%)
- Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or the global equivalent)
- 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
OR Four-year degree
- 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
- 35 hours of project management education
A candidate who passes the exam and meets the professional requirements is awarded the PMP certification.
- Project Manager
- Project Leader
- Business Analyst
- Software professionals
- Project Planners
- Delivery Leader/Manager
- Project Director
- Manager/Head Information Technology,
- Program Manager
- Civil Engineers
- Research & Development professionals
- PMP® Certification Examination Applicants
- 16—33 Yr. PMI Certified Trainers with multi million Program & Project Management Experience
- Agile and Scrum Master Experience.
- 4 Days intensive classroom training & Exam Preparation Program
- 3000 + Sample Exam Questions Bank
- Trained More than 3000 + candidates
- Detailed Analysis/Explanation on the key Project Management Concepts and Methodologies.
- Exclusive Pre- courseware and courseware.
- PMP/CAPM Exam Simulator for Actual Ex-am Experience.
- Mind Mapping, Group Exercise, Role Play & Flash Cards.
- Comprehensive PMP Formula Guide.
- Pleasant Training Ambiance and Facilities, keeping Professionals in consideration.
A guide to the exam, the scope & everything you need to know about PMP
PMP vs Prince2:
A comparison between PMP and Prince2 which helps you determine which one should you go for.
for those that are new to PMP, various questions are answered here, such as fees, time required to study, typical exam questions etc.
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)